It’s crazy cold again here in Connecticut! That means it’s soup making weather for me. I love a recipe that has only a few wholesome ingredients, but can still knock my socks off! There is nothing complicated about this recipe…so easy, pretty quick to make, and you can add different herbs or exotic spices to completely change the taste profile of this soup.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp for cooking the onion
- A sprinkle of kosher salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop your cauliflower and put it in a large bowl. Add olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Spread cauliflower out on a dark baking pan (darker pans give you better carmelization on the cauliflower, which means deeper flavor). Put in oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- After cauliflower has cooked, let it cool for a few minutes. Then, in a soup pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over med heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add cooked cauliflower and heat for 1 minute. Add stock and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When soup is warm, blend soup in a blender a few cups at a time. Once completely blended, either reheat soup to desired temp or you can even serve this soup cold…it’s so versatile!