Late July through August is peach picking time here in Connecticut, and we are so lucky to have some great nearby farms that have “Pick Your Own” fruits and vegetables. (Visit www.pickyourown.org for a list of your local pick you own). What I like about this particular farm is that you can eat the peaches right off of the tree since they don’t spray! The kids love it and it’s such a fun way to get the kids to eat healthy foods! Here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy it!
- 4-5 peaches (see below on how to prepare)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 medium red or white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- *To prepare the peaches, see my “How to” on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/greeneyednutrition. It’s a very easy tutorial on how to get the skin off of the peaches…no one wants “fuzzy salsa”.
- Once peaches are prepared and diced, add all ingredients to a bowl…
- Serve this over grilled chicken, fish, shrimp…or just eat it out the bowl like I do!