Winter was tough for us out here on the East Coast! And, for this West Coast girl it was enough for me to scream “get me outta here!” But, all the inside time with the kids gave us some time to do some cooking and to experiment with some new foods. My older daughter is getting more adventurous, but my younger one is tough to please. So, anything that I can describe as “pretty”, “wacky” or “princess-y” seems to get her attention. These purple sweet potatoes seemed to do the trick! This is my recipe on Purple Sweet Potato Fries.(I know…pretty simple, but you can also make purple mashed sweet potatoes, purple sweet potato pancakes, purple sweet potato soup…you get the idea!)
Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 25 Minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into quarters and then eights length-wise
- ½ tsp sea salt
*I added freshly chopped parsley and minced garlic to my fries.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil. Use your hands to coat potatoes well.
- Spread potatoes evenly on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip each potato strip over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- When browned on each side, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Put fries back in bowl and toss with sea salt. (Toss with parsley and garlic if desired). You can add a little more olive oil if desired.
- Serve while still warm.