These mini quiches are perfect for a quick snack, for breakfast or even dinner for your little ones. I make a large batch and freeze whatever I don’t devour on the spot. They provide healthy protein, are low fat and couldn’t be easier to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I use precooked from the freezer case)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced ham
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl; mix to combine.
- Liberally spray your mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon mixture to the top of each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. (Note: if you undertake these, they won’t come out of the pan. Use a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.)
To freeze: Place baked quiches on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze them until solid. Transfer to a freezer bag. Microwave on a microwave safe dish for 1- 11/2 minutes or bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes to reheat.