*This recipe accompanies my newsletter post about prebiotics and gut health. I’ll post it here tomorrow!
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: N/A
- 1 medium jicama, peeled, sliced into matchsticks (should weigh about ½ lb)
- 2 fuji or other crisp apple, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red onion, sliced very thin
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Using a mandolin or knife, cut jicama and apple into matchstick slices. Slice red onion very thin. Wash and chop cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, agave nectar and ginger. Add jicama, apple, onion and cilantro. Toss to coat, and chill for 2-3 hours.