We’ve been really into salads as sides lately to keep the carbs down at night. This is one of the easiest sides and my husband loves it! And, yes…once again it has linguica, but you can also keep this vegan and use garlic and some crushed red pepper. We’ve done Swiss chard with shallots, beet greens with onions and a splash of champagne vinegar, as well as shaved Brussels sprouts. All are sides that high in nutrients and fiber, but low in calories and carbohydrate.
Curly Kale with Garlic & Linguica
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 1 bunch of kale, ribs removed, chopped (a little over a pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped linguica (fully cooked)
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add linguica and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not let it burn.
- Add kale about a cup at a time and toss gently with oil, linguica and garlic. It will cook down little at a time. Continue to add the kale until all is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.