My favorite cold weather recipe…chicken soup with kale and linguica.
This is soup weather and lately I’ve made about 12 variations of this super easy chicken soup. I’ve included this in so many of my meal plans, but with little modifications to make it unique to one’s tastes. For example, adding the tiniest amount of linguica adds just the amount of heat and smokiness this soup needs to get you through a cold night.
***Adapted from lexiscleankitchen.com***
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. of organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cups of kale, ribs removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped linguica sausage (fully cooked)
- 5 cups of organic chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes or until transluscent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. (Do not let garlic burn!)
- Add cubed chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add in kale and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add linguica and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Add hot sauce if deisred.